This is a real client favourite! This is a really quick meal to create but is full of flavour and very comforting. Perfect for a after a hard day at work.
- If you have a delicate stomach, experience bloating or discomfort after rice or any carbohydrates, then use the jasmine rice – this is much easier for your stomach to break down.
- If you don’t have much time, use a vegetable fajita mix from the supermarket
- If you don’t like your food too spicy, swap the Cajun seasoning for cumin and black pepper
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, used dried but add them at step 3.
- 100g Rice (Jasmine or Basmati)
- 200g lean beef or lamb mince (for vegan alternative I use tinned Puy Lentils, thoroughly rinsed and soaked for a few hours if possible)
- 1/4 Red Pepper sliced
- 1/4 Green Pepper sliced
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 100ml water mixed with Marigold Vegan Swiss Vegetable Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Coconut Oil or 1 tbsp of Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 generous dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Sticks Celery chopped (optional)
- 1 Bayleaf (optional)
- 2 Spring Onion chopped
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano or bunch fresh herbs
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding the Bayleaf to the water before cooking.
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water. Set the rice aside once cooked.
- Warm the oil in a heavy bottomed pan, wok or frying pan. Cook the onions, mince until they are nicely browned. If you using dried herbs add now.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir and allow to cook for another minute
- Add celery (if using) stir and cook for a minute. If using lentils add now.
- Stir in the peppers and spring onion.
- Cook for a minute or two, until they just start to soften.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice, making sure it is all has a nice deep golden colour
- Allow to cool, store in fridge within 1 hour of cooking